Sandwich Glossary O-P
The Sandwich Glossary O-P gives you words and terms that have to do with this perfect, portable meal. It can be as simple or as complex as you like. You can take it to work for lunch or eat it for breakfast or dinner.
The list below contains words we have found so far that begin with O or P. You can add to the list as well. We've added a form below and you can add a term and the definition of a word that we haven't listed.
It would be really great if our international visitors could add words that relate as well. Pretty soon we'll have a great resource.
- Panino - (Italy) Salami, ham, cheese, mortadella or other food on a ciabatta
- Pastrami on rye - (USA) Classic of the Jewish deli
- Peanut butter and jelly - (North America) Sandwich made with creamy or crunchy peanut butter and jelly
- Piece - (Scotland) Scottish term used to describe a sandwich (i.e. Jelly piece, piece and cheese)
- Ploughmans - (UK) Sandwich made of cheese, pickle, tomato, lettuce and onion
- Printzesa - (Bulgaria) Slice of bread with ground pork/veal, kashkaval, feta or a combination of the latter, which is then broiled
- Porilainen - (Finland) A bread with a thick slice of sausage
A-B | C-D | E-F | G-H | I-J | K-L | M-N | O-P | Q-R | S-T | U-V | W-X | Y-Z
There you have it, Sandwiches A to Z, and you can add your own definitions using the form below.
Have A Term to Add to the Sandwich Glossary?
Do you know a Sandwich Term or a Type of Sandwich that's not listed? Add it!
Go from Sandwich Glossary O-P back to the Sandwich Glossary
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go to the Home Page
Go to the Sandwiches Again? Blog