Turkey Sandwich Recipes
Soo..... have you had your Thanksgiving leftover turkey sandwich yet? I have and it was dee-lish!
I'm sure everyone has their favorite recipe for this yummy Thanksgiving tradition. What's yours? What kind of bread do you use? Do you only use Thanksgiving ingredients? Or do you add salad dressing or mayonnaise to the mix?
Click here to go to the recipe now.
The first time I heard about this after turkey day ritual, I had to try it. The recipe called for turkey, dressing or stuffing, and cranberry sauce.
I can't remember what type of bread I chose that first time. I think now I would choose a kaiser bun or hoagie roll. Either one would work well.
No matter what ingredients you choose, if you're a sandwich lover, you have to try it at least once. Below are two versions of the leftover turkey day sandwich recipe. If you have a better recipe, fill in the form below and share it with us now.
Version 1: This version uses homemade white or wheat bread and turkey gravy and is sort of like a club sandwich....yum!
Day After Thanksgiving Turkey SandwichServes 1Ingredients:
- 3 slices homemade white bread or whole wheat bread
- turkey gravy
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning, for chicken and turkey (Seasoning Mixture for Chicken and Turkey)
- 1 slice turkey breast
- 1/4 cup prepared stuffing
1. Soak 1 slice bread in gravy about 2 minutes.
2. Spread other 2 slices with mayonnaise mixed with the seasoning.
3. On bottom slice of bread, layer the lettuce, turkey, the gravy-soaked slice of bread, stuffing and the top slice of bread.
Recipezaar - Recipe #103934
Version 2: This one uses a croissant and adds cranberry sauce to the recipe.
The Realtor's Day After Thanksgiving Turkey SandwichServes 1Ingredients:
- 1 fresh croissant, split
- 3 slices roast turkey
- 1/2 cup prepared stuffing
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce (whole or jellied)
- red leaf lettuce (or other leafy lettuce- we like romaine)
1. Spread the inside of the split croissant with mayonnaise or warmed gravy.
2. Heat the turkey and stuffing in the microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds, if desired.
3. Layer half of croissant with hot turkey and stuffing, cranberry sauce and lettuce, and top with the other half of croissant.
4. Serve immediately.
Recipezaar – Recipe #397796
If you have a lot of turkey leftover, you can try them both. And if you have your own version of the Thanksgiving sandwich, share it with us below. We always love a new recipe and we can't wait to try it!
What's Your Best Turkey Sandwich Recipe?
What's your Best Turkey Sandwich Recipe? You share it. Our visitors will try it. We'll rate it to see who's recipe is best!
Go ahead and wow us. The best will rise to the top!
Go from Turkey Sandwich back to Poultry Sandwiches
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go from Turkey Sandwich to the Sandwiches Again? Blog
Go to the Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.