Grilled Banana Smores
Every body loves s'mores – at least in my family. And Grilled Banana Smores
are no exception. We don't even need a campfire to enjoy this tasty treat. Whenever we have all the ingredients to make s'mores, we don't hesitate to make them.
This summer why not try this version of s'mores when you fire up the grill? Or you could try it indoors on your sandwich grill. We found the recipe at our neighborhood health food store – Earth Fare.
Here's the recipe. It's quick, easy, and delicious.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cook Time: 5 min.
4 med. bananas
16 honey or cinnamon graham crackers
1 c. jarred marshmallow crème, divided
16 squares milk chocolate
1. Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium (300 degrees F to 350 degrees F/150 decrees C to 180 degrees C). Leaving peel on, slice bananas in half lengthwise. Place banana on grill, cut side down; grill, uncovered, 2 to 4 min. Turn and grill, peel side down, 3 min. more.
2. Meanwhile, spread each of 8 crackers with 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) of the marshmallow crème, and top each cracker with 2 chocolate squares.
3. Remove bananas from grill; cool slightly. Remove peels and cut bananas into large chunks. Place banana chunks on top of chocolate. Top with remaining crackers and serve immediately.
Per Serving: 200 calories/kJ-835 (20 calories from fat), 5g fat, 2g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 260mg potassium, 38g carbohydrate, 2g fiver, 25g sugars, 2g protein, 0g Omega-3
So why not try Grilled Banana Smores? And if you have your own version of the all-time favorite - S'mores, share it with us using the form below (updating soon). They're one of our favorite dessert sandwiches. If you'd like to check out more delicious desserts, click on the link below to find more.Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go from Grilled Banana Smores back to Dessert Sandwiches
Go to the Sandwiches Again Blog
Go to the Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.