What are Sloppy Joeys? Mini Kid-sized Sloppy Joes of course! The same delicious meat sauce served on either sliced dinner rolls, English muffins, refrigerator or home made biscuits. The perfect size for little fingers and fun to eat as well.
Here's my recipe:
- 1 lb ground meat (lean beef, turkey, or chicken)
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 med. Sweet onion, chopped
- 1 can of petite diced tomatoes, (low-salt or reduced salt)
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2-3 Tbsp ketchup or barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp chili powder, (optional)
1. Brown ground meat, pepper and onion in skillet, cooking till vegetables are tender. Drain.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Simmer for about 15 minutes. You may need to add a little water if it's too thick). Serve on sliced, toasted dinner rolls or English muffins. You could also serve on refrigerator or home made biscuits.
So there you have it, my version of sloppy joes, especially for the little ones. Add some smiley potato fries, and carrot and celery sticks, and you have a fun meal.
Loved this Recipe? Hated this Recipe? or Was it Just So So?
Then Rate the Recipe! Tell us what you liked or didn't like about it. Did you have to totally redo the recipe or was it perfect just the way it was written?
Give other visitors a heads up on what to expect or give suggestions on what they can do to improve the recipe before they try it. I'm sure they'll be glad you did!
We'd like all the juicy details, so don't be skimpy with your praise (or suggestions on how to make it better).
Go from Sloppy Joeys back to Sandwiches for Kids
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go to Kids Sandwich Cookbooks
Go to the Sandwiches Again? Blog
Go to the Home Page