- Top 10
For the Kids
Make 'Em or Buy 'Em
Just for Fun
Looking for Something?
Sandwich Glossary C-D
The Sandwich Glossary C-D gives you words and terms that have to do with this perfect, portable meal. It can be as simple or as complex as you like. You can take it to work for lunch or eat it for breakfast or dinner.
The list below contains words we have found so far that begin with C or D. You can add to the list as well. We've added a form below and you can add a term and the definition of a word that we haven't listed.
It would be really great if our international visitors could add words that relate as well. Pretty soon we'll have a great resource.
- California Club sandwich - (USA, California) Turkey, avocado, lettuce, and tomato
- Caprese - (Italy) Mozzarella, tomato, fresh basil
- Cheesesteak - (USA, Philadelphia) Sandwich made from strips of steak and cheese, sometimes with peppers and onions
- Chimichurris - (Dominican Republic) Sandwich made from pork, beef, and sometimes chicken with mayonnaise/ketchup sauce
- Chip butty (UK) Chips
- Chivito - (Uruguay) Steak, ham, and cheese
- Choripán - (Argentina/Uruguay/Chile) Grilled chorizo
- Club sandwich - (USA) Turkey, bacon, lettuce, and tomato
- Crisp sandwich - (UK) Uses crisps or potato chips
- Croque-monsieur - (France) Ham and cheese
- Cuban sandwich - (Cuba/South Florida) Ham, Swiss cheese, pickled peppers, and roasted pork
- Cucumber sandwich - (England) Cucumber between two thin slices of crustless, lightly buttered white bread
- Dagwood - (USA) Very tall sandwich - characterized by it's size more than the filling
- Döner kebab - (Turkey) Doner kebab served in pita bread or half of a loaf of bread
A-B | C-D | E-F | G-H | I-J | K-L | M-N | O-P | Q-R | S-T | U-V | W-X | Y-Z
There you have it, Sandwiches A to Z, and you can add your own definitions using the form below.
Have A Term to Add to the Sandwich Glossary?
Do you know a Sandwich Term or a Type of Sandwich that's not listed? Add it!
Go from Sandwich Glossary C-D back to the Sandwich Glossary
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go to the Sandwiches Again? Blog
Go to the Home Page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.