Sandwich Glossary S-T
The Sandwich Glossary S-T gives you words and terms that have to do with this perfect, portable meal. It can be as simple or as complex as you like. You can take it to work for lunch or eat it for breakfast or dinner.
The list below contains words we have found so far that begin with S or T. You can add to the list as well. We've added a form below and you can add a term and the definition of a word that we haven't listed.
It would be really great if our international visitors could add words that relate as well. Pretty soon we'll have a great resource.
- Sandwich - (USA) Usually between to slices of bread or on a bun, with meat, vegetables, or spread as a filling. Most often served at midday
- Sandwich loaf - (USA) A large multi-layer sandwich made to look like a cake
- Sandwiches de miga - (Argentina) Tea-time sandwiches on crust-less white bread
- Shawarma - (Middle East) Shaved lamb, goat, and/or turkey, rolled inside a taboon bread
- Sincronizada - (Mexico) A tortilla-based sandwich
- Slopper - (USA) Hamburger smothered in red or green chile
- Sloppy Joe - (USA) Based on ground beef, flavorings, and served on a bun
- Smoked Meat - (Quebec, Canada)
- Smörgåstårta - (Sweden) Variety of "sandwich cake"
- Steak sandwich - (Australia) Containing a small fried fillet steak, lettuce, tomato, cheese, fried onion and barbecue sauce, generally toasted and sold at traditional snack bars
- Steamed Sandwich - (USA) Kentucky
- Strammer Max - (Germany) A hot sandwich, sometimes with side food; regionally a pub food without bread
- Submarine - (USA) Also known as sub, grinder, hero, hoagie, Italian sandwich, po' boy, wedge, zep, torpedo or roll
- Tea sandwich - Small sandwiches for afternoon tea
- Texas burger - (USA, Texas) Uses mustard as the only sauce, usually served with some combination of tomato, onion, lettuce, pickle, jalapeño slices, and cheese
- Torpedo - Another name for a submarine sandwich
- Torta - (Mexico) Various ingredients on a crusty roll
- Tramezzino - (Italy) Tea sandwich
A-B | C-D | E-F | G-H | I-J | K-L | M-N | O-P | Q-R | S-T | U-V | W-X | Y-Z
There you have it, Sandwiches A to Z, and you can add your own definitions using the form below.
Have A Term to Add to the Sandwich Glossary?
Do you know a Sandwich Term or a Type of Sandwich that's not listed? Add it!
Go from Sandwich Glossary S-T back to the Glossary
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey
Go to the Sandwiches Again? Blog
Go to the Home Page