Sandwich Glossary G-H
The Sandwich Glossary G-H gives you words and terms that have to do with this perfect, portable meal. It can be as simple or as complex as you like. You can take it to work for lunch or eat it for breakfast or dinner.
The list below contains words we have found so far that begin with G or H. You can add to the list as well. We've added a form below and you can add a term and the definition of a word that we haven't listed.
It would be really great if our international visitors could add words that relate as well. Pretty soon we'll have a great resource.
- Grilled cheese - (USA/British Commonwealth - as Cheese Toastie) Fried or broiled sandwich consisting of melted cheese between slices of buttered bread
- Godfather - (USA) Capicola, spicy ham, salami, lettuce, hot peppers, and onions
- Hamburger - (USA) Ground meat patty in a round bun, usually served with some combination of tomato, onion, lettuce, pickle, mustard, and mayonnaise
- Horseshoe - (USA, Springfield, IL) An open sandwich topped with French fries and cheese sauce
- Hot Brown - (USA, Kentucky) open-face sandwich of meat, Mornay sauce or cheese
- Hot dog - (Germany, USA) Frankfurter (beef-based) or Wiener (pork-based) Sausage in a bun shaped specifically to contain a hot dog, either top-loading, popular in New England, or side-loading
A-B | C-D | E-F | G-H | I-J | K-L | M-N | O-P | Q-R | S-T | U-V | W-X | Y-Z
There you have it, Sandwiches A to Z, and you can add your own definitions using the form below.
Have A Term to Add to the Sandwich Glossary?
Do you know a Sandwich Term or a Type of Sandwich that's not listed? Add it!
Go from Sandwich Glossary G-H back to the Sandwich Glossary
Recipe Index|About Us|Contact Us|Survey